20 March 2018

Humility is Endless

I was doing some stretching and mild exercise.  My body told me to get down on the floor and crawl around. As soon as I did it, my body reminded me that it's really good to crawl around on and sit on the floor. Stretches things out, limbers things up, gets the juices flowing, uses muscles in different ways.

I did a lot of that when I had young kids (and I had young kids for a long time). My back loved it. Worked my leg and butt and belly muscles in all sorts of useful ways.

I want a tatami mat room set up like an adult play space. Come to think of it, I want an adult sized jungle gym to go with it. Why aren't there play grounds and play spaces for adults where we can just hang out and do physical things with our bodies?

Be humble. Get low. Maybe it's as much about the postures as the social or spiritual meaning.

No comments: