30 May 2007

Pssst! Pass It On!

Liz Opp of The Good Raised Up included this blog in her list of Blogs That Make Me Think. Thanks, Liz, for giving me the nod. It's encouraging to know that someone is reading and appreciating what I write.

The game goes like this, as in the original post from The Thinking Blog:

If you’ve been tagged, here’s how you play:

1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think;
2. Link to this post at The Thinking Blog so that people can find the exact origin of the meme;
3. Optional: Display the ‘Thinking Blogger Award.’

I would have given Cat Chapin-Bishop the nod, but she gave it to Liz and so is probably not ready to think of five more blogs that make her think.

Here are five other blogs that make me think:

Richard of A Place to Stand writes long essays that move me to consider my identity as a Friend, my connection to the global community of Friends, and my own religious philosophy. Richard is willing to engage deeply and lovingly with folks with different viewpoints.

Zach of The Seed Lifting Up makes me think mostly in his comments on other blogs, but I like the way he thinks and the way his ideas get my brain going, so he's getting the nod anyway.

Franklin of The Panopticon is a man who is not afraid to knit lace. He also writes beautifully, has an active fantasy life, flexes his humor muscles regularly, and draws great cartoons starring the sheep Dolores. Franklin makes me laugh and encourages me to keep knitting, so he's on here.

Cognitive Daily is a couple's blog about how we think. Thinking about how we think definitely makes me think. I think.

Stefani of Reading While Knitting is an old friend, and I love her to pieces. She writes about life in the trenches with kids in a way I would never even dare think about. I think a lot of things while reading Stefani's posts, things like "What would I do if my kids did that?" and "With four kids and a teaching job, she has time to spin and keep bees?" and "Is that woman entirely sane?" and "I want to be just like her when I grow up, only a lot more relaxed."

1 comment:

RichardM said...

Thanks for tagging me. One thing the author of the meme seems to discount is the possibility that some blogger would be so technologically challenged as to not be able to figure out how to insert a link. But if you take a glance at my blog you might notice that there are no links there. Hmmm, not a coincidence. Yes, I really am that inept. A couple of younger folk have tried to explain to me how to do this. I will try one more time!